VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Retrofit 12v sockets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Going to try and and retro fit a 12v socket in rear and also one in boot.

I have the wiring diagrams and the adding a rear will be easy adding the boot will take a little more time as the fuse it uses isn't used so getting pin out and wire gauge is annoying.

I got a couple of 12v sockets out of a pug 307 and 206 estate as they have cover on them.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
i have the rear but i dont have one in the boot
Be interested in seeing this as want to do the same in mine.
tucpal Wrote:i have the rear but i dont have one in the boot

It's only the tourer that has one in the boot.
12v Socket in the rear is done (Tested and working) How to will be added later.

Will be looking into the boot when I get time.
I wired one into my old mk4's boot. I never used it though so won't be doing it haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(11:th-Oct-2014, 21:28:30)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Going to try and and retro fit a 12v socket in rear and also one in boot.

I have the wiring diagrams and the adding a rear will be easy adding the boot will take a little more time as the fuse it uses isn't used so getting pin out and wire gauge is annoying.

I got a couple of 12v sockets out of a pug 307 and 206 estate as they have cover on them.

I know this is an old thread. Did you ever fit the 12v socket in the rear? I would be interested on how you did it.
(14:th-Mar-2019, 23:57:16)Ballinlea Wrote: [ -> ]
(11:th-Oct-2014, 21:28:30)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Going to try and and retro fit a 12v socket in rear and also one in boot.

I know this is an old thread. Did you ever fit the 12v socket in the rear? I would be interested on how you did it.

I did yes how-to here.

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How...12v-socket