Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: HOW-TO DPF WARNING LED

Originally posted by Kiel0777
    This is going to sound stupid but I really am a beginner what is ment by splice into wire??
    [hr]
    Also does it matter which wire from the led goes to which cable in the block?
    Splicing how-to attached.

Wiring the LED yes red to power source black to ground (Normally black wire or find a ground point).
    Attached Files
    [align=center][/align]
    [align=center]*****-J 2.0 CDTI S/S[/align]
    [align=center]Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.[/align]
    [align=center]My progress thread[/align]
    [align=center]I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.[/align]
    [align=center]My trader section[/align]
    [align=center]www.vxocelectrabizz.co.uk[/align]

Comment

Hi I managed to do This today many thanks Rusty! I kind of ruined the foam Insert though is it needed for anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiel0777
        Hi I managed to do This today many thanks Rusty! I kind of ruined the foam Insert though is it needed for anything?
        From what I can see it just fills the big hole to help stop noise and possible heat loss.
        [align=center][/align]
        [align=center]Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.[/align]
        [align=center]I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.[/align]

Comment

That's good then no need for me to order a new one lol

Comment

Is it possible to just splice into the wire going into the rear demist button rather than all the faffing about?

Comment

Originally posted by msuth
              Is it possible to just splice into the wire going into the rear demist button rather than all the faffing about?
              No because it's done via a canbus wire for all the buttons on the panel.
              [align=center][/align]

Comment

[hr]
                Thanks for the reply. 
                Originally posted by Rusty2009
                Originally posted by msuth
                No because it's done via a canbus wire for all the buttons on the panel.

Comment

Hi rusty, do you know if the wire is same in colour passenger side to splice to as I want to install the led next to 12v socket in centre console & maybe easier to route wire from that side,thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by Davbay
                    Hi rusty, do you know if the wire is same in colour passenger side to splice to as I want to install the led next to 12v socket in centre console & maybe easier to route wire from that side,thanks..
                    Yes it is in the same pin (3) and is brown/yellow according to the info from TIS.

You would need to remove the glovebox and then drop the fuse board out the way (just push the tabs in at the top each side) & it'll drop down out the way.
                    [align=center][/align]

Comment

Working...
                    X